How to Choose a Professional Real Estate Agent
Hi everyone, and welcome back to Daon Group Real Estate’s “Buying Smart in Israel” video series.
In this video I will share with you factors to consider when choosing a professional real estate agent:
An important factor is training and experience:
When interviewing a real estate agent, it’s worthwhile to ask about their training.
- Did they spend money and energy upgrading their professional capabilities and expanding their quality of service?
- How long have they been in the field?
Next, I would check their knowledge and proficiency. An excellent real estate agent must be focused in order to gain knowledge and proficiency that can advance you to the best deal.
One cannot control the entire real estate map of Israel; therefore, each agent is professional in their specific city and has connections with other agents across the city. Daon Group, for example, works in Tel Aviv, but can recommend agents in other cities. I would be wary of agents that work in more than one or two cities.
Consequently, you should be checking the agent’s understanding of their claimed territory through the following parameters:
- Asset pricing
- Inventory assets for sale
- History of transactions
- Facts and benefits about different areas and neighborhoods in the city
- and more
Promotion and negotiation
One of the most essential responsibilities of a great agent is the ability to get you the best deal.
We will share more about this in our key negotiation tips video.
An excellent agent is not satisfied with only helping you find and close on a property, but accompanies you throughout the entire process. Israel has very few “simple” buying and/or selling transactions. Closing usually requires various bureaucratic steps, whether with the Israel Land Administration, the local municipality, lawyers, mortgages and more.
Find out what the scale of the in-house services that the real estate agent offers, which specialists work closely with them (if at all), and whether the offered service package includes comprehensive support towards closing.
Service Experience (Recommendations)
Lastly, working with a real estate agent should give you a sense of security and reliability, an atmosphere of caring, and a genuine desire to recommend the agent to others. These feelings should appear already in the first initial meetings with the agent.
To review, when choosing a real estate agent you should check his:
- training and experience
- knowledge and proficiency
- negotiation skill
- bureaucratic assistance
- and clients recommendations.
If this video helped you please like it and click to subscribe to our channel to be kept updated about Buying Smart in Israel. Also, let us know what other information you would like us to cover in our upcoming segments. Send us your questions, and buy smart.
If you are a seller, I highly suggest to examine 3 main additional points that the real estate agent and his firm provide:
1. Marketing commitment - A professional agent always strives to offer a broad marketing plan that will allow exposure of your property to maximum potential buyers, creating the potential for raising demand and competition on the property, and which in turn can lead to higher closing price.
2. Preparation of the property for sale – Also known as staging, a great agent should be able to help and advise regarding preparation of the property for viewing.
3. Taking proper care of buyers – This may be the most significant service in the package offered by an agent: The ability to effectively filter prospective buyers; to process and advance sales; to connect and understand the emotional and rational needs and desires of buyers; to help buyers with the procedures leading to closure; and to generate competition over the property. It is your responsibility to make sure that the agent you chose to work with has a clear plan for handling proper buyers - primarily for your own benefit.
Marketing & Sales
real estate agent,