11 Quick and Amazing ways to use PowToon in your Classroom
“A major factor in creativity is education: not whether you had a “good” or “expensive” or “public” education, but whether you were encouraged to develop your creativity starting at an early age and continuing throughout your school years.” – Adobe.Inc
We saw this first-hand, when Edson Tellez, a volunteer teacher in rural Mexico, wrote to us about how PowToon changed the way his students viewed the world, “they’re getting more creative, more receptive, and more dynamic in each class.”
The mind blowing fact is that developing creativity is the number one determining factor in the overall success of your students! Even if you teach in the most affluent school, with the most high end gadgets – your students are still only as good as the instructions given to them. They are only as good as the lesson you present and the creativity you encourage.
And PowToon wants to help you ignite this creativity!
We are standing at an incredible moment in time, at the intersection between technology and creativity…And this is why we at PowToon, have dedicated ourselves to creating the most exciting, engaging, out-of-this-world templates for school!
Each template is a compact lesson plan that provides the starting point for infinite creativity. The real beauty behind these templates is that they serve as a platform for imagination; Students can edit characters, images, animations, text and even upload their own voiceover and music! (Or, you can have your students start from a blank slate and go wild with original ideas, as you’ll see below).
Discover 11 ways that Powtoon can be used to integrate technology in the classroom – including real examples from teachers and students who have created their own animated videos, presentations and movies.
1.Teacher Introduction Template – the coolest way to introduce yourself to a new class!
2. Mission impossible Template – Top Secret entry and Spy Music make every lesson a whole lot cooler!
(Check out this example of Mr. Thomas and his Mission Impossible Homework assignment).
3. Five Facts – The most popular template for learning a new subject!
(Here’s an example of a student-made project on Guatemala).
4. School Rules Template – Lay down your classroom rules in an unforgettable way!
(Ms. Soriano shows us how it’s done)
5. Memorial day Lesson Plan (8 Templates) – Make a soldier or veteran smile by sending an Appreciative Video
(Check out how Riverside Intermediate School honors our service men and women).
6. Book Report – Typing up a book report is lame, becoming a storyteller and movie producer is in!
7. Mini Me Templates – Students or educators can upload photos and create cartoon versions of themselves!
Here’s an example of ‘King of the Jungle’ for Father’s Day!
8. School Syllabus Template – Ease tensions and peak interest by introducing your course syllabus in animation!
9. Summarize a Topic – One student named Mayank, converted this CEO resume template into a presentation about the immune system
(by simply switching text and images)!
10. Commercials – This totally original PowToon takes you on a tour of a Plant Cell Amusement Park
(a very different way to learn botany)!
11. Lesson Overview – Summarize key points with a movie!
Below, Mrs Alicea answers the question, “What is Drama?”
There you have it! The best way to encourage and develop creativity in this technological age is with these outrageous pre-made templates and PowToon lesson ideas. I’ve shared 11 quick and amazing ways to use PowToon in your classroom right now, but there are an infinite number of ways to use PowToon to spark your students’ creativity!
How have you used technology to spark creativity in the classroom? Would love to hear about examples in the comments below!
Latest posts by Nirel Matsil (see all)
- How Sheila Prepares Her Students for the Real World (by Cleverly Integrating Technology in the Classroom) - October 1, 2015
- How to Make a Book Trailer for Free (that Looks Professional) - September 29, 2015
- 9 Really Simple Ways to Impress Your Teacher (That will Make You Look Like a Tech Genius) - September 20, 2015
- Featured Teacher: How Professor Grant Transforms the Way Millennial Students Study Music with Powtoon - August 25, 2015