How to Transform Blog Articles into Animated Videos in 5 Simple Steps
Stop racking your brain to come up with new video ideas — you’ve already got tons of written material waiting to be repurposed into attention-grabbing videos! Breathe new life into an old blog by turning it into an animated video. This will help your articles to be more engaging for your audience and more memorable to visual learners. Here’s how.
Five Steps to Convert Blogs into Animated Video
1. Choose your material. Choose the material you want to convert to video. Select articles that have clear instructions, explanations, information, or data points. If you’re unsure where to begin, start with blog posts that get the most web traffic or written pieces that address your most frequently asked questions. By turning these into videos for your website or YouTube channel, you can make them even more searchable.
2. Make a storyboard. Before you create an animated video, you need to plan! Decide what type of video is best — does kinetic typography (moving text) make sense? Should you make an animated explainer video? Or is an infographic or character-based animation the best choice? Then, make a storyboard to outline the flow of the video. Pull out key points from your blog content and start crafting a scene-by-scene vision for your piece that will guide you as you create your final video.
3. Select a template. Now that you’ve got a plan and a vision, it’s time to bring it to life! Select a template that matches the type of video you want to create and has a style that’s authentic to your brand. Make sure to format it properly for your target audience: horizontal for desktop viewing or YouTube videos, square for social media platforms, or vertical for Instagram Stories and mobile users.
4. Upload your text and make your video. Now the fun REALLY begins. Upload images, PowerPoint slides, or charts you want to include. Copy and paste text from your blog into the template that captures the greater message of your piece. Create a branded character to be the star of your animated video. Spend time making sure the pace and flow of your animated video is just right. Your video is almost ready for its public debut!
5. Personalize your video. Put the finishing touches on your animated video to move it from a basic template to a polished, professional-looking visual communication. Customize it with colors that complement your brand. Add a background soundtrack and include a watermarked logo. Even if you only plan to use your video internally or for a small audience, watermarking is wise because in today’s digital era you never know where it might show up — and after all your hard work, you deserve all the credit.
Beyond Your Blog Posts
There are so many ways to jazz up other written materials, beyond your blog posts, into engaging animation. Got notes someone took from your latest board meeting? Showcase transparency by turning it into an animated, company-wide video. Old training PDFs that go unread? You’ve got the outline of a video infographic script, waiting to be written. Want to hit the refresh button on your employee or customer onboarding manuals? Make a whiteboard explainer so it’s easy to get started.
Animated Video Made Easy
Powtoon is the visual communication platform for all your animated video needs! Create animated explainers, moving text, infographics, and custom animations quickly and easily. Powtoon has hundreds of professionally-designed templates for use across all industries, and with customizable features like branded animated characters, personalized color schemes, and the option to include your company logo.
That way, you can make sure each video is uniquely yours and reflective of your brand. Create a free account today and make your first video in minutes!
Latest posts by Shoshi Davis (see all)
- Video Resumes — The Secret to Getting Hired During COVID-19 - March 29, 2021
- How to Transform Blog Articles into Animated Videos in 5 Simple Steps - March 15, 2021
- Why Visual Communication Is So Effective - March 5, 2021
- How Whiteboard Animation Helps Increase Brand Awareness - February 22, 2021