UNESCO Declares Powtoon a “World Heritage Site”
In its most bold move yet, the un General assembly approved today UNESCO’s Request to grant the “world heritage site” to a website. From this day on www.powtoon.com shall be eternally preserved for the good of all mankind.
The initiative came from the tiny nation island of Mambu-Atu which has the highest number of Powtoon users per capita. “I am an avid Powtoonist and wanted to make sure that all the Powtoons I (and my citizens) had created stay forever available for all to enjoy” said the Mambu-Atu president via email.
After Unesco decided to recognize online presence as a form of real-estate, Powtoon was able to easily met the selection criteria:
- to represent a masterpiece of human creative genius;
- to exhibit an important interchange of human values;
- to bear a unique or at least exceptional testimony to a cultural tradition or to a civilization;
The Unesco vote was unanimous – a rare occurrence. The Iranian president seemed particularly thrilled with the outcome.
Dr. Indigo, Powtoon’s Chief Scientist published an unofficial response: “We are honored to have been selected, this is clearly a great tribute to our website and Powtoon’s mission. We will continue to welcome and serve people from all over the world. The timing is perfect: April 1st is already an internationally celebrated day, now there is even more reason to celebrate”.
Made you smile? Happy Fools Day!
Latest posts by Jordana Pepper (see all)
- The Most Creative Teacher Is… - October 22, 2015
- How To Make Marketing Videos People Will Really Love & Share! - April 28, 2015
- Digital Marketing in 2015 - March 15, 2015
- 5 Steps to Overcoming Stage Fright - March 2, 2015